The Perceive project takes us to the European Week of Regions and Cities
The unmissable event to understand the debate on European policies at regional and urban level and to share new challenges for the future of Europe will be held inBrussels, from the 9th to the 12th October.
Now in its fifteenth edition, the European Week of Regions and Cities represents a very important initiative and deals with the past and the future of Europe, through the contribution of regions and cities in Europe. We at BAM! will participate as a communication and dissemination partner of the European Perceive project. The research project, part of the Horizon 2020 program, aims to understand the variables that, at a regional level, influence the following: the perception of the European Union, the sense of belonging to it and the effect of the Cohesion Policies implemented by the EU. The Perceive debate is open to all European citizens on social networks (Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin) and we are gathering insights on the topic on the project blog.
The forum will therefore be an opportunity to discuss the upcoming developments of the Cohesion Report and the EU multiannual financial framework 2020-2026, taking into particular consideration the views of the regions and cities, both on the legislative and budgetary aspects, with the aim of promoting territorial cohesion policies and rural development.
3 themes the experts will be debating on this edition:
- #LocalResilience: a focus on the economic and social effects of globalization and the responses that European, national and local politics have put in place to tackle change
- #TakeAction: regions and cities are important actors in the European socio-economic context. What is their contribution? What effects have the social cohesion actions put in place had in reducing disparity between the population?
- #SharingKnowledge: sharing skills and good practices at a local level, aimed above all at simplifying and streamlining bureaucratic processes and strengthening institutions
The European regions and cities – reads the event website – face considerable challenges that often have profound consequences including, for example, adaptating to the phenomenon of globalization, automation of production systems, the need for integrating migrants. These challenges can turn into opportunities for economic and social progress if policies can be properly managed at Community level.
There’s still time to register and participate in the event, BAM! will be in Brussels and we will tell you about the devate on Perceive’s social media channels, using the hashtag #EURegionsWeek, if you want to stay up to date follow us on Facebook and Twitter!
Cerca nel sito:
- (Italiano) Dalla Liguria alla Polonia: BAM! porta a Katowice il caso di Museo Senior Thursday May 16th, 2019
- (Italiano) Da poco è online “Incontri” la nuova sezione del sito di DIMMI di Storie Migranti Wednesday May 15th, 2019
- (Italiano) Ma l’Europa, si sente europea? Il team PERCEIVE presenta i risultati della ricerca Monday May 13th, 2019