Museomix 2016 is coming to Italy from 11 to 13 November. BAM! will be splitting into four groups to supervise the event at the four museums involved, as well as paying a brief visit to Karlsruhe for the annual NEMO conference.
For over a year now, we’ve been working very hard to bring Museomix to Italy (back in October 2015 we were working alongside IBC Emilia-Romagna on launching the Italian Community, in November we were in Nice to observe Museomix at the Musée National du Sport and last May we were in Paris to present the Italian candidates). Now that it’s actually about to happen, BAM!’s entire team is all set to play its part.
Our objectives obviously include ensuring the success of the four events that will unfold over the course of three days at the Museo Tolomeo in Bologna, the Museo Carlo Zauli in Faenza, the Museo del Risorgimento e della Resistenza in Ferrara and the CAOS in Terni. We will be taking part by offering our expertise and our energy. We also want to provide a comprehensive report on the creative marathon, getting a first-hand view of the teams’ work, exploring the creative workshops that will take place during Museomix and sharing everything we see with our own eyes, from the Friday to the Sunday, on all our social media profiles, giving a voice to the Museomix Italia community through official internet and social networking channels.
How are we planning to achieve this? With a closely knit team on the front line:
- Rosanna, Federico, Elena and Francesca will respectively be playing a two-fold role in Bologna, Faenza, Ferrara and Terni: helping to organise the various Museomix events and representing the Italian Community. By dividing their time between the museomixers and the museum staff, the fablabs and the mixrooms, they will be ready to support the creative process (particularly as regards audience development) and to document the key moments, which you can follow with the #museomixIT16 hashtag and by visiting Museomix Italia’s social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, where all the remixable material will be published.
- Davide will be packing his bags and bearing our greetings to Germany! That’s because the NEMO Annual Conference is taking place on the same weekend as Museomix and we have been asked to hold a workshop on preparing a museum for Museomix.
- Lucia and Dario: our special correspondents will go from one Museomix to the next, writing a diary with reports, ideas and live features from the museum, all of which will be available online and on BAM! Strategie Culturali’s social media channels.
In the meantime, we’re working alongside the Museo Tolomeo, Museo Zauli, Museo RR and CAOS to continue preparing for the three-day event, maintaining contact with the international community and keeping the media’s interest in the events alive. Here are some forthcoming dates we will be involved in:
- NATIONAL PRESS CONFERENCE, Tuesday 8 November, midday, c/o IBC Emilia-Romagna, Via Galliera, 21 Bologna: Museomix Italia introduces itself to the media. Together with Fabio Fornasari (Museo Tolomeo), Matteo Zauli (Museo Zauli), Antonella Guarnieri (Museo RR), Chiara Organtini (CAOS) and the director of IBC, Alessandro Zucchini, we’ll be presenting the creative marathon in Italy for the first time.
- MUSEOMIX 2016: from Friday 11 to Sunday 13 November. Three days of mental and practical teamwork, developing innovative proposals and creating prototypes that will be tested by the public at 4 p.m. on the last day. See you there!