For over forty years, the Associazione tra i familiari delle vittime della strage della stazione di Bologna del 2 agosto 1980 (Association of relatives of the victims of the Bologna station massacre of 2 August 1980 has been working to preserve the memory of this tragic historical event and achieve justice through various initiatives. This year it is doing so with “A destino”: a theatre and active citizenship project that aims to symbolically and physically complete those eighty-five journeys interrupted by the massacre.
- Teatro dell’Argine
- Università di Bologna
- Assemblea Legislativa ER
- Fondazione Innovazione Urbana
Communication and organisational support for the project to get local people involved in topics relating to the Bologna Massacre
The idea behind the project was developed by a university student and involves three main activities:
- a public call for bids that intercepted people of totally different ages and backgrounds interested in closing this circle and working together to keep the victims’ memory alive;
- a series of workshops, meetings and rehearsals by the Teatro dell’Argine, which for almost thirty years has been curating active citizenship projects through the arts with people of all ages, genders, cultures and backgrounds;
- a collective action at the end of the workshop, on 2 August 2022, to be followed by the participants’ departures to complete the remaining journeys.
“A destino” decided to involve BAM! to narrate this journey encompassing historical and human dimensions, a journey that involves us all, along with experts and the victims’ relatives.
BAM! has stepped in to provide support for communication and certain organisational aspects of the project.
In greater detail, we’ve:
- come up with and developed the project’s coordinated image;
- mapped, intercepted and involved audiences potentially interested in the project;
- managed project communication and promotion: from the public call for bids to telling the story of the workshops; from social media management to the creation of a specific website to feature accounts of the journeys;
- coordinated communication operations (press conference, video documentation, press office, media relations) in partnership with the Legislative Assembly of the Regione Emilia Romagna.